Careers at NexPlayer
Join the Market Leader Player SDK Team
Senior Solution Architect
NexPlayer is a global leader in the development of media software. Its most well-known product is NexPlayer SDK, a video player SDK integrated by most premium video service providers worldwide in their mobile apps to enable live streaming with the highest video quality and the best user experience. Our software technologies are built around video streaming, 360 video, HTML5, Android and iOS.
Our global NexPlayer team is looking for a committed Senior Solution Architect to join our offices in downtown Madrid. As a member of our team, you will have the chance to work alongside engineers of the most important multimedia companies worldwide, who are our partners and customers.
As a Solution Architect at NexPlayer, you will be responsible for supporting sales and project management in developing and delivering projects for our customers. You will also support customers directly with services requests during and after onboarding of our products into their application. You will help facilitate and enrich the solution for NexPlayer’s major customers, which will be used by millions of end-users worldwide. You will collaborate on the technical aspects of our product portfolio with customers, sales, product, development teams and technology partners, directly supporting our business engagements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support project managers, sales, product owners and engineering with technical requirements capture and definition of software development work in customers environments based on NexPlayer product portfolio.
- Supporting sales team in mapping detailed technical customer requirement by describing product capabilities, limitations, and extensions.
- Advise in collaboration with engineering teams, partners and business, the customer and sales on the most suitable solution for the problem statement.
- Formulation of software and solution architecture and guide project management and sales with implementation scope.
- Collaborate with partners and customer facing teams on positioning NexPlayer software products as components into their larger customer or reference solutions.
- Identify, define, and scope out software integration of NexPlayer products as components in new or existing solutions for our global customers.
- Act as technical consultant by handling project activities, including bridging gaps between customer, engineering and partner teams.
- Actively provide solutions to problems across organizational boundaries.
- Understanding NexPlayer's strategic and competitive position, and to support continued top of industry delivery of video playback features.
- Personal and team ideation towards management on customer satisfaction improvements.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with taking an independent role in a software delivery or solution sales engagement team fronting a customer.
- Experience in working with customers, remote and face-to-face discussing requirements and development needs of software solutions.
- 5+ years of full time experience in software development, including working with customers on requirements and positioning software engineering in a solution.
- Very good written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English. Additional European languages are a plus.
- Experience in web-application solutions, understanding of how HTML video libraries, UI libraries, web services, web protocols and other components can interact as a business solution, preferable in pay-tv or web video delivery.
- Experience with online or other video industries, developing online media, video or advertising technology products is a big plus.
- Knowledge of client-side development tools, iOS/Android SDKs, Smart TV SDKs.
- Knowledge of Agile development process and tooling.
- Willingness to grow from technical execution into a more customer-oriented role.
- Ability to train and coach junior people.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- Tons of energy, passion, humor and enthusiasm.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: courteous, well-spoken and polished.
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up conquering the world.
- A competitive salary.
- A place to learn and get in touch with the cutting edge of online video.
- The company itself is doing exceptionally well. For career-motivated people, there will be upward mobility.
- Nice and passionate colleagues.
- Flexible hours.
- Regular and fun team activities.
- Drinks and coffee at the office.