Would you like to work in our offices in downtown Seoul in a global company providing software to tier 1 customers like HBO, ATT or Sky? Do you love video streaming technologies?
At NexPlayer we are looking for a talented multimedia SW Developer to join our team in Seoul to work on cross-platform video/audio streaming products. This individual will be a hands-on developer, but will also be asked to participate in project design, and planning. The roles involve developing high-performance streaming infrastructure, designing and developing features in a variety of areas of video streaming backend and media player. You will be part of a very international team, work on the most advanced and trendy technologies and have the chance to partner with leading OTT software companies.
The ideal candidate should have passion for code quality and the latest streaming technologies and innovations, as well as a natural curiosity for learning continuously. Since we are a global company, having a good English level is desirable.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement key components of the video streaming player.
- Develop code for our player SDK, extending and optimising its capabilities with new technologies.
- Integrate third parties modules into NexPlayer SDK
- Development will be made in cooperation with other engineers at NexPlayer as well as with our customers. Customer orientation is key.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Follow best practices to ensure the highest quality in our lifecycle deliveries.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position
- Experience with C/C++, ObjectiveC and Swift
- Knowledge and Experience with IOS native framework
Prefer to have:
- Experience and Knowledge about FairPlay Streaming and AV Foundation.
- Knowledge of streaming protocols (DASH/HLS).
- Knowledge of multimedia technologies – (video/audio) codecs and its container format.
- Experience with video technologies, such as Set-top box software stacks, media services and content protection.
- Experience and Knowledge of Android MediaCodec Framework and Audio architecture.
- Experience in publishing an app on the AppStore and experience with the Apple release lifecycle
Why join us
NexPlayer is the market leader SDK for video apps on Android, iOS, Smart TVs, STBs, and web browsers. NexPlayer is integrated into the OTT platforms of companies like HBO, Sky, Turner, BT, or AT&T. NexPlayer’s code is 100% developed and controlled in-house, differentiating it from alternative solutions based on risky open-source.